So with back-to-school officially over, we can now focus our attention to the fact that there are only FOUR full months left of 2019, which means that aside from the fact that many stores are already putting up their Halloween displays – the season itself is about to change very soon. With seasonal changes comes seasonal allergies and immune deficiencies that stem from many internal and external activities that we do and that are around us in our environment. In order to combat this, especially in the cooler seasons like fall and winter – we must increase our detox regimens and of course incorporate more cleaner and greener diets into our lifestyle. In addition to our already amazing line of organic herbal detox tonics, Essence of Vitality and Universal Mind Herbal & Roots Tonics – we at Essence of Vitality have listed ten of our favorite immune “foodie,” immune boosters that we want to share with our EOV community that are great companions to use along with our products. Please review the list below (all organic):
- Raw honey
- Turmeric (which also has many topic benefits when mixed with raw yellow shea butter and palm oil from Ghana)
- Black Seed Oil
Combination Tip: Ginger and Beet Stew (we do not own the rights to this photo)
- 1 Taro potato (purple sweet potato, peeled and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
Turmeric and thyme (optional but HIGHLY recommended garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, chopped ginger, garlic, and a pinch of salt; cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add beets, taro potato, and 1/2 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk for desired consistency.
2. Stir together and top off with grated ginger, turmeric, and thyme.